Hope all of you are having a great Christmas/Holiday break!
We are only a week away from the beginning of this year’s build season.
Please see the information below (as a reminder) of the upcoming robotics season schedule.
I look forward to seeing everyone on January 5th!
Build Season – PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW!!!
Kickoff – January 5th 2019 10am – 5pm at Liggett – season challenge is revealed and we will begin developing our season strategy – MANDATORY ATTENDANCE for season credit
Practices (January 5th – February 19):
- Mondays 3:30pm – 6pm
- Wednesdays 3:30pm – 6pm
- Fridays 3:30pm – 9pm (team dinner included for those who attend)
- Saturdays 10am – 4pm (lunch included)
- January 21 - MLK Day (no school) – 12pm – 4pm – plan to assist with service project prior to practice this day
- February 16 – “Week 0” practice event – possibly at Woodhaven High School – also for non-drive team/pit crew members, LEGO Robots at the Library in Riverview (bus provided)
- February 18 -President’s Day (no school) – 10 am – 6pm (lunch included)
- February 19 - Head of School’s Day (no School) – 10am - ??? This is “lock-up day” which is the last day we are allowed to work on the robot until the week leading up to our competitions
Competition Season: Please Mark your calendar NOW to avoid conflicts!!!
March 8-10 (Tentative) Out of state district competition if we can (https://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2019inmis, or https://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2019onto3) with the goal of getting our drive team practice before competing at the in-state district events (and working out any kinks in the robot)
March 14-16 Centerline District Event (https://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2019micen) – Commitment is pretty much 4pm Thursday afternoon – 7pm Saturday evening with enough time to go home to sleep and come back the next day J - please plan to be at the entire event!
April 4-6 Livonia District Event (https://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2019miliv) – Commitment is pretty much 4pm Thursday afternoon – 7pm Saturday evening with enough time to go home to sleep and come back the next day J - please plan to be at the entire event!
April 10-13 Michigan State Championship (Saginaw Valley State University) - https://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2019micmp - Commitment is pretty much 12pm Wednesday afternoon – 9pm Saturday evening – we will plan to stay in a hotel for this event J - please plan to be at the entire event (when we qualify)!
April 24-27 FIRST Championship Detroit – Cobo Hall – When we qualify!